Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Journey Partner


I haven't been on here in a while, life has been busy. That's the way with most journeys! While on the way, traveling on your journey you may stop for a rest or take a detour, but you're still on your journey and you'll eventually get to where you're heading! The journey that prompted this blog is going very well. I have only about 10 lbs to go with my weight loss, and I did buy that little bikini that I previously wrote about...and wore it in public, by the way!!! Although, maybe I felt more liberated because I was many miles from home and I didn't know anyone there, but anyway I wore a bikini for the first time in my life this summer and felt pretty darn cute in it!!!
So, the reason for the title of this wordy blog is while traveling on this weight loss/fitness journey that I'm on, my hubby and I are embarking on a new adventure. I'm very excited about this and glad to be taking this "detour" with him! I can't share any details with you just yet...but, in the next few months to come I will share more than you'll probably want to hear about! I just feel so blessed that God sent me the perfect partner for this journey called life. Now, we have seen our share of "bumpy roads", along the way and no we don't claim to be perfect. We have been married almost 14 years and still after the "bumpy roads" of life, I still wouldn't choose a different person to be "traveling" with! The past couple of years has helped shape us and brought us closer to God and to each other. I think that if we have gotten through the difficulties of losing a profitable business, financial stresses, job searching stress, on top of everyday mommy/daddy stuff we can do anything...TOGETHER!

2 comments:

  1. Marla, you have knack for writing. Keep up your blog. Even though I work with you everyday, seeing your accomplishments and hearing about your journey is encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete